Thursday 13 December 2012

House Finale

I know I haven't blogged in a while now but this is not going to be about my life. This is going to be about a show that has been part of my life for the last month and a half. This is basically my reaction to the finale of Season 8 pre and post viewing. Ive always wanted to compare my views like this but have never been able to do so objectively because I never 'saved' my views anywhere. So with out further ado, here we go.

PRE-VIEWING: The second last episode had me in tears. The ending just left me unable to predict what the hell they're gonna do. Maybe House and Wilson will become fugitives or something. I have a feeling from looking at the title that they're both gonna die (possibly together). Those two have carried the show through many a rough patch for me and it would be fitting to end them along with the show. Also, Wilson getting cancer is ironic and horribly sad. The last few episodes have been House at its very best. I thought I would hate the show after Cuddy left but I don't. Sure I miss her but I think they did a wonderful job with Season 8. I don't really have any other theories for how they're gonna end this great series so I'm just gonna go watch the episode now.

POST-VIEWING: WOW! I was NOT expecting that. That was absolutely amazing. Had me going when he 'died' and then...he didn't! I have no words. My only complaint is that the show is over too soon. Although really, there is nowhere else for the story to go when you think about it. It's depressing, really. Wilson's gonna die and House is going to spend a very long time in jail. Maybe come out someday and start a family, but really, that's not very House-like. I also very much loved the conclusion every character got. Especially loved seeing Allison and her family. Also Kepner and Amber were a welcome addition. Kind of hard to believe that Cuddy didn't come to his funeral, but whatever. Overall, an excellent, though sad, ending to an excellent show. I do not regret watching this one at all. I just wish more shows ended this brilliantly. Anyway, see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment